Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lonely But Never Alone




Lonely But Never Alone

ME AND MY LONLINESS

A true companion she's always there.
When I'm beaten and broken -tired and worn
she sits by me and adorns my home.
Alone at the table or on a room full of people
she indulges me in her presence.
Curled up with me in my bed at night
she's the constant that never goes away.
Exhilarated, angry, anxious or unhappy she is forever present.
No matter how preoccupied I am I still know she's there
What should I do-it's so hard to cope
With her Constantly by my side
-Shawn Moede-


"HE WHO BELIEVES IS NEVER ALONE"
Imagine that you're in a place so dark that you can't see even the faintest trace of light. You don't know where you are, and you're afraid to reach out because you don't know what's lurking around you. If you are overwellemed with emotions out of your control, that may be how you feel much of the time—and that's frightening. You wonder if the darkness will ever go away, if you'll ever see and feel the light of the sun on your face again. Nothing in your life feels stable, except for the continuing blackness around you.
God says not to fear because he is always with you. That means that even in the dark times, when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, he is walking with you, holding your hand securely in his. And even when you don't know where you're going, he's gently leading you into healing and wholeness. That's why the Bible says you can still rejoice in God's goodness, and "rest in hope." (See also Job 30:16–31; Psalm 46; Lamentations 3:17–26.)

Lonliness comes from within and can affect every part of our feelings, thoughts, behaviors, relationships, and most importantly our Christian faith. One might say that loneliness comes from an inner need to be intimate and to "connect" on several personal levels (mentioned above) for the purpose of feeling safe and secure.


What causes loneliness? Many factors can precipitate loneliness. Factors such as: death, divorce, being single, physical/mental illness, breaking off of a relationship, being away from friends, family and home or maybe not having friends, family and a home.

Where do we turn when loneliness leads to despair? As Christians, we look to God and His Word for strength, guidance, comfort, and peace.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength".Philippians 4:13

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Philippians4:6-7

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26


When I am anxious, tired and discouraged, I am reassured by the promises of God. I rest in those promises and arise to a new day remembering that I am sustained not by bread but by the word of God. Then I feel secure.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Mathew 11:28

"The Lord is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth" Psalm 145.18

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you." Psalm 55.22

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

"I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be moved." Psalm 16:8

"I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be moved". Psalm 16:8

"God is with you even in the darkest night".Psalm 16:7–9

The battle has already been won, all we have left to do is call on the name of Jesus.

You may feel lonely but you are NEVER alone!




No comments: